TEXTILE AND APPAREL
Textile and Apparel
Haryana is the 4th largest producer of cotton in the country with a production share of 6%. It provides employment opportunity to approx. 1 million people with an export value worth $ 3 Billion annually.
Key Sector Highlights
- Haryana is the 4th largest producer of cotton in the country, contributing 6% of India’s total production.
- Easy availability of raw material provides the state with competitive advantage in the textiles sector.
- Employs around 1 million workers in the textile sector
- Haryana’s contribution to national exports of Textile and Apparel is over 36% for carpets and other textile floor coverings, 18% for apparel and clothing (woven), 8% for apparel and clothing (knitted) and 9% for other made-up textile articles.
- More than 150 ginning units established in the western region of Haryana
- Haryana follows a Cluster based approach to promote industries that has led to development of robust textiles centres in the state such as Panipat, Gurugram, Faridabad, Hisar and Sonipat
- Panipat is known as the “City of Weavers” for its eminence in handloom products
The below map represents a snapshot of Textile & Apparels sector in Haryana:
Key Sector Incentives
|SGST Subsidy||Upto 100% of net SGST Reimbursement for upto 10 Years|
|Employment Generation Subsidy||Subsidy upto INR 48,000/- per year per employee for 7 years|
|Interest Subsidy||6% on term loan for upto 7 years upto INR 20 Lakh|
|Stamp Duty Refund||Upto 100% refund of stamp duty|
|EDC Charges||Upto 100% reimbursement of External Development Charges|
|Electricity Duty Exemption||100% Exemption from payment of Electricity duty for upto 20 years|
- Entire value chain of synthetics and value added and specialty fabrics: Opportunities across value chain of synthetics like dyeing of yarns and fabrics etc.
- Spinning Units: Opportunities for converting fibre to yarn, yarn to fabrics and fabrics to finish products
- Technical textiles: Manufacturing textile materials and products used for their technical performance and functional properties
[!HTMLBlock~on load popup!]
[!HTMLBlock~scroll to top!]
[!HTMLBlock~Top Register popup!]