DEPARTMENT OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Haryana State Technical Education Society
Haryana Government has constituted Haryana State Technical Education Society–HSTES (formerly known as Haryana State Counseling Society-HSCS) in the Department of Technical Education for implementation of transparent and uniform procedure for admissions to various post graduate, graduate and diploma courses in different disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Architecture & Planning, Pharmacy, Management etc. in the State. The admissions to Diploma (Engg.) and Diploma (Pharmacy) course are made on the basis of inter-se-merit of qualifying examination. The Society also conducts State level On-Line Entrance Tests for admission to Diploma (Engg.) Lateral Entry and Lateral Entry in BE/ B. Tech courses. The admissions to BE/ B.Tech courses are made on the basis of Inter-se-merit of JEE (Main) Rank conducted by the CBSE. Admissions to B. Arch. Course are made on the basis of rank obtained in NATA conducted by COA and JEE (MAIN) paper part II conducted by CBSE.
Key Initiatives & Welfare and Motivational Schemes for the benefit of Students
- Various schemes for welfare of girl candidates, SC candidates, Kashmiri Migrants, Haryana Govt. School Toppers and Economically weaker section are being implemented.
- There is 25% horizontal reservation for Girl Students in all Technical Institutions /Polytechnics of Haryana.
- No tuition fee is charged from girls admitted in Govt. / Govt. Aided Polytechnics
- Reimbursement of tuition fee to the SC Students
- Centre of Excellence has been established in some polytechnics in collaboration with industries. Education through smart classes, well-equipped laboratories/ workshops, visits to industries etc. facilities are available in Govt. Polytechnics.
- Benefits to the Haryana Govt. School Toppers (HGST) in admissions
- Benefits to Economically Weaker Section in admissions through Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scheme of AICTE.
- More than 300 MoUs have been signed, to build better relationships with industries and to strengthen the placements of students.